Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rarity, Quality and Uniqueness

Understanding the unique niche that M. Francis Gallery occupies has been a sort of journey for me. It’s kind of like when I first traveled abroad. Who knew? My worldview was forever changed. People, places, times- everything held a new meaning. It’s as if I’d been living in a bubble and suddenly it popped and a plethora of new colors emerged. It’s been almost the same experience with the gallery. Over the last year, the bubble has popped! I began to understand that right here in my own backyard; there is something rare, of great quality and uniqueness When thinking about rarity and uniqueness, I have to think about the artists whose works are in the gallery now, there is only one piece from each artist that documents this point and time in the history and evolution of African American art and culture in New Orleans. Each and every piece has a very important and significant element of rareness, uniqueness and quality. Learn more about these works of art www.mfrancisgallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment